Convenios de Cooperación
Memorandum Of Understanding Between The Torcuato Di Tella Foundation (FTDT) From Buenos Aires, Argentina And The Community Partners
For The Benefit Of Sustainable Works (SW) From Santa Monica, California, Usa, Regarding Educational Programs On Climate Change Activities, Renewable Energy And Resource Efficiency.
The Torcuato Di Tella Foundation (TDTF) from Buenos Aires, Argentina and Community Partners FBO Sustainable Works (SW) from Santa Monica, California, USA , hereinafter referred to as the “Partners”;
Affirming their intention to undertake all efforts to promote sustainable development,
Recalling that the United States and Argentina are Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC),
In pursuit of the ultimate objective of the Convention as stated in its Article 2,
Being guided by Article 6 of the UNFCCC on Education, Training and Public Awareness that calls on governments to promote the development and implementation of educational and public awareness programs, promote public access to information and public participation, and promote training of scientific, technical and managerial personnel.
Recalling existing co-operation and stressing the importance of enhanced co-operation in the field of environment,
Recognizing the importance to promote programs, projects and actions on climate change activities for the promotion of sustainable development,
Recognizing that cooperation on climate change issues can be instrumental in mitigating greenhouse gas emissions on a global scale, and have a positive impact on community, social and economic development,
Keeping in mind the need to ensure a just society, preserve and improve the environment for the present and future generations,
Have reached the following understanding:
- The Partners intend to cooperate in and promote, at the national and international levels, the development and implementation of educational and training programs in environmental and sustainable activities, including the strengthening of national capacity building; and to facilitate, at the national level, public awareness and public access to information on sustainable development, and lifestyles.
- The Partners intend to strengthen and facilitate the cooperation to promote climate change activities and capacity building on renewable energy and energy efficiency education, and pursue joint projects and/or programs for the promotion of renewable energies and energy efficiency within the countries.
- The Partners will work jointly to manifest the concepts of sustainability and the actions associated with living a sustainable lifestyle into the daily activities of individuals, institutions and businesses by providing hands-on, interactive, educational experiences, serving as a liaison between governments, institutions, businesses and individuals and fostering community development.
- The Partners will work cooperatively in developing effective solutions to address climate change, as well as identifying potential opportunities, such as the development of renewable energies such as solar, wind and ocean power, biofuels, biomass, geothermic and energy efficiency.
2-The Partners envisage the following activities under this Memorandum of Understanding:
- Promotion and facilitation of climate change activities to encourage sustainable development and greenhouse gas mitigation;
- Interaction between researchers from the Center for Global Change Studies from Torcuato Di Tella Foundation and Sustainable Works for the implementation of activities pursuant to this Memorandum of Understanding;
- Exchange of information on climate change activities and mitigation technology; green buildings and LEED; energy efficiency and renewable energies;
- Exchange of opinions and information on the possibilities of future cooperation for the enhancement of capacities in the public and private sectors of Argentina for activities in climate change mitigation.
3-Activities to be implemented under this Memorandum of Understanding should aim to:
- Provide information concerning sources of project funding and the policy framework needed to facilitate access to such funding sources;
- Facilitate the exchange of publicly available information on agreements among authorized entities in the Partner countries, such as joint ventures, and licensing;
4-It should be a common aim for both Partners to submit the identified projects to International Financing Institutions, inter alia the World Bank, Global Environment Facility (GEF), European Commission Funds, USAID, in order to finance the implementation and dissemination phase.
5-Co-ordination between the Partners will authorise representatives to be responsible for the operative representation of the respective Partners and to function as direct contact points in all matters concerning the implementation of this Memorandum. The Sustainable Works has selected Ferris Kawar and/orGenevieve Bertone and the Center for Climate Change Studies from Torcuato Di Tella Foundation has selected Daniel Perczyk and/or Lucila Serra, to act as the authorised representatives.
6-This Memorandum of Understanding will not commit the Partners to providing any financial resources towards the development and implementation of projects and activities.
7-The Partners will consult regularly on the progress of projects and other activities that occur under this Memorandum of Understanding.
8-This Memorandum of Understanding will come into effect on the date of its signature and will remain in effect for one year, unless one of the Partners notifies the other Partners in writing of its intention to terminate. Termination will take effect six months from the date on which either Partner receives from the other written notice of its intention to terminate this Memorandum of Understanding. Termination of this Memorandum of Understanding will not affect projects undertaken by either Partner prior to the notification.
9-This Memorandum of Understanding may be amended or renewed with the mutual written consent of the Partners.
Signed in the city of Santa Monica, California on July 2006, in duplicate, in English and Spanish languages, each version being equally valid.
|For SUSTAINABLE WORKS FROM THE US||For TORCUATO DI TELLA FOUNDATION FROM ARGENTINA|
|GENEVIEVE BERTONE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR||LUCIANO DI TELLA DIRECTOR|